- This event has passed.
The 29th Annual Bikur Cholim Conference: On Visiting the Sick
April 29, 2018 @ 9:15 AM - 3:30 PM$36
We are pleased to announce our outstanding keynote speaker, Dvora Entin, LCSW, Therapist, Program Developer, Educator, and Director of the Ma’oz mental health program for the JCFS of Philadelphia.
Schedule of events:
9:15 AM: Registration and Breakfast
9:45 AM: Welcome by Rabbi Simkha Y. Weintraub, LCSW, Rabbinic Director, The Jewish Board
10:00 AM: Keynote Presentation on Hope and Renewal in the Face of Life’s Challenges by Dvora Entin, LCSW, Director, Ma’oz mental health program for the JFCS of Philadelphia, Therapist and Educator.
10:45 AM: Morning Workshops
12:15 PM: Lunch and Networking
1:15 PM: Afternoon Workshops
2:45 PM: Closing Remarks and Misheberach Prayer for Healing
3:00 PM: Film Viewing (optional)
- Essential Visiting Skills: The How To’s
- Building a Caring Community: Organizing and Beyond
- Filling in the Gaps: Visiting with Seniors and More
- Visiting with Someone at End of Life
- The Healing Nature of Expressive Writing
- Infertility Challenges A Guide for Compassionate Attending
- Using the Telephone for Visiting
- Mental Illness: Awareness, Understanding, and Empathy in Bikur Cholim
- The Shiva Visit and Nichum Aveilim: Being Present at a Time of Loss and Bereavement
*Subject to change
This conference is made possible thanks to David and Naomi Balto’s generosity and commitment to Bikur Cholim, and our co-sponsor Calvary Hospital’s generous support.
About Jewish Community Services
The Jewish Board’s Jewish Community Services (JCS) integrates expertise in social work with spiritual care, providing a broad range of services to Jewish organizations, individuals, and families facing life’s challenges and transitions. Events like these are made possible as part of our Lynn and Jules Kroll Jewish Community Consultation Services.