One city. Countless opportunities to make an impact.
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities for you to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
With 75 residential and clinical locations throughout the five boroughs of New York City, you can work close to where you live – in a full-time, part-time, or fee-for-service capacity.
Our programs offer flexible scheduling, including weekend, evening and overnight shifts in our residential programs, and weekend shifts in our clinical programs.
We’re always looking for talented people of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions – so that our staff is a direct reflection of the people we serve
When you come to work at The Jewish Board, you’ll have access to a generous, industry-leading benefits package:
- Affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans
- Pension plan and 403(b) retirement savings
- Generous vacation time, in addition to 15 paid agency holidays
- Company funded group life and long term disability insurance
- 15 sick days – no need to choose between vacation and going to the doctor
- Free Continuing Educational opportunities
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for healthcare and transit
- Employee Assistance Program – a confidential 24 hour resource to help our staff with work/life balance
- Educational loan forgiveness and Tuition assistance
- Annual staff events
- Employee recognition program
- Plum Benefits – access to savings on movies, theme parks, hotels and more
A strong sense of community
Our staff is united by our mission of providing all New Yorkers with the best mental and behavioral health services. We build camaraderie across our locations and programs through social events, as well as annual holiday parties. Staff recognition awards acknowledge those who have completed years of service milestones.
Supporting your growth
The Jewish Board is known for its supervision, and our training is among the most highly respected in the field. We encourage mobility and advancement across our organization, and are proud to promote from within. This all adds up to an enormous opportunity to grow professionally, among caring coworkers.
An inclusive environment
At The Jewish Board, we are committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Some initiatives include:
- Confronting Structural Racism Initiative (COR): COR works to integrate anti-racist practices and perspectives into every part of the work we do. Through workshops, clinical trainings, staff affinity groups, and consultation services within and beyond the agency, we examine and confront issues of race, racism, systemic inequities, disparities, and community-wide and intergenerational impact.
- LGBTQ Steering Committee: Our employee resource group for our LGBTQ staff and allies help create an inclusive workplace where everyone feels respected and included, and help us deliver exceptionally culturally competent care to our clients.
One of New York City’s Best-Managed Nonprofits
The Jewish Board won first place at the annual Nonprofit Excellence Awards, sponsored by the New York Community Trust. The award honors organizations that exemplify innovative nonprofit management practices across eight rigorously evaluated areas of management excellence.
This independent endorsement means that when you come to work at The Jewish Board, you know you’re coming to work at a well-managed, financially stable organization that’s been helping New Yorkers reach their potential for over 140 years.