Treat Every Person with Dignity
We act with respect and caring towards our clients, colleagues, and communities.
Strive to Be Outstanding
We are exceptional professionals in all that we do.
Embrace Each Other’s Differences
We create a fair and inclusive environment for all.
Engage Individuals and Families as Our Partners
We heal our communities one person at a time.
How We Do It: Hope, Recovery and Resilience
Hope, recovery and resilience guide our work, as we help individuals realize their potential and live as independently as possible.
- To promote recovery, we address all aspects of an individual’s life, including behavioral and physical health, family, employment, education, and housing.
- We involve individuals—and their families and communities—as partners in their recovery.
- We try to prevent problems from emerging in the first place.
- We engage in practices that have been shown to help people.
- We monitor the progress of the individuals we help to ensure what we do is effective.
- Guided by Jewish values and tradition, we serve all New Yorkers.
Who We Are Helping
The Jewish Board provides critical health and human services for all New Yorkers, regardless of religion, ethnicity, cultural background, gender identification, ability or age. We help adults and children living with mental illness, families and individuals who need supportive housing, adolescents who deserve a safe and protected environment within which to recover, people living with developmental disabilities, and New Yorkers who need counseling and mental health services to address specific issues.
Where We Work
For over 140 years, our mission has placed us throughout the five boroughs of New York City in community-based programs, residential facilities and day treatment centers. Find one of our locations.
Our relationship with UJA-Federation of New York
The Jewish Board is extremely proud to be one of more than 100 beneficiary agencies in the UJA-Federation of New York network. This means that we stand with other human-service agencies, camps, community center, medical and geriatric centers, educational organizations, and local community councils. We receive a large sustaining ‘block grant’ from UJA Federation of New York – and we receive targeted financial support for specific initiatives.
UJA-Federation also provides educational symposiums – ranging on a whole host of subjects — for our trustees and staff. These serve to strengthen our governance and increase our ability to network with other agencies facing similar challenges, as well as helping us to better serve our clients.