Our Jewish Services division integrates our mental and behavioral health services with spirituality, combining the richness of Jewish traditions with social work practices—such as spiritual and group counseling, workshops, consultation, training, and more.
Our Jewish Services Division offers individuals and families connections to the support of peers and the community. And we work with Jewish organizations, such as synagogues, JCCs, Y’s, and schools, to enhance their services and programming.
Our Jewish clients are Reform, Conservative, Orthodox, Chasidic and unaffiliated. We help these individuals and communities facing issues of:
- Serious illness or injury
- End-of-life care
- Loss and bereavement
- Making healthy life choices
- Addiction recovery
- and other community care and support concerns
United Hearts for Israel
Amidst challenging times, finding support and strength in community is invaluable. If you have been affected by the ongoing crisis in Israel and the rise in antisemitism in New York City and around the world, we invite you to join our community of healing. Please reach out to us at 646-766-6875, IsraelSupport@jbfcs.org, or click here share your contact information if you, a loved one, or a community member is hurting and/or in need. We can support or connect you to:
- Crisis counseling
- Mental health services
- School/community support
- Housing assistance
- Legal support
Jewish Community Services
Jewish Community Services integrates mental and behavioral health services with spirituality, combining the richness of Jewish traditions with social work practices. Working across different denominations of the Jewish faith and spanning the life-cycle, JCS offers support to vulnerable individuals and families.
With the support of the UJA-Federation of New York, our social workers partner with Jewish organizations, such as synagogues, JCCs, Y’s, and schools, to enhance their services and programming.
Our Jewish Community Services team provides:
- Consultation, assessment and referrals
- Mental health training and education
- Bereavement counseling and support
- Psychoeducational support to individuals coping with life-cycle challenges and transitions
- Short-term counseling
- Referrals to medical, mental health, legal, financial resources
- Crisis intervention
- Addiction and Recovery support
- Concrete financial assistance
Contact us at 212-632-4790 or firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
The Lev Initiative
Everyone deserves to be safe. The Lev Initiative provides holistic mental health support to those impacted by intimate partner violence, including their families or children, helping them find ways to be resilient, heal, and thrive. Services include:
- Crisis and individual support sessions
- Support groups
- Emergency housing
- Linkages to a variety of concrete services
Contact us confidentially by emailing us at email@example.com or calling 646-273-1800.
The Lev Initiative is brought to the community in partnership with Amudim, Met Council, NYLAG, Shalom Task Force, and UJA Federation of New York.
Jewish Community Services for Individuals and Families
Guided by Jewish faith-based values, JCS Recovery serves individuals and families seeking recovery from addiction in all five boroughs and the New York metropolitan area. We offer tailored recovery services to adults and families of all races, ethnicities, religions, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We aim to provide our clients with the tools to put them on a path of health, well-being, recovery, and independence.
Our individual and family services feature:
- Free or low-cost options, regardless of medical coverage
- Connection to a healing community
- Support for all addiction categories
- Mindfulness and compassion-based services
- Virtual and in-person options
Our care is collaborative, respectful, and responsive to each person’s unique set of hopes and needs. No one will be refused support based on ability to pay or documentation status. We are also equipped to offer community-focused educational programs if needed.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Jewish Alcoholics, Chemically Dependent Persons and Significant Others (JACS)
JACS is a program of the Jewish Health, Healing and Recovery Network of the Jewish Board of Family and Children’s Services (The Jewish Board). JACS is a volunteer, mutual-help organization dedicated to:
- Encouraging and assisting Jewish alcoholics, chemically dependent persons and their families, friends and associates to explore recovery in a nurturing Jewish environment.
- Promoting knowledge and understanding of the disease of alcoholism and chemical dependency as it involves the Jewish community.
- Acting as a resource center and information clearinghouse on the effects of alcoholism and drug dependency on Jewish family life.
JACS is honored to have a Warm Line operated by amazing volunteers, all of whom are Jewish 12-Steppers. If you need support outside of business hours, after 8PM or on weekends, please contact us at 646.573.7420.
Mishkon provides residential, medical, and therapeutic care in a warm, homelike environment for individuals of all ages with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Every apartment and private residence is individualized for the maximum growth of the clients. Services provided include medical and psychiatric care, skills training, case management, and occupational, physical and speech therapies. Facilities are Glatt kosher and follows Orthodox Jewish law.