We offer bereavement support groups that are individualized for specific types of loss, and for various Jewish cultural, spiritual, and religious needs. Our groups include participants with similar losses such as individuals who have lost spouses, parents, children, and other loved ones. For some groups, we attempt to group participants of similar age.
Our eight-to-twelve-week groups are facilitated by a Social Worker, and are offered throughout the year. Currently, many of our bereavement support groups are offered in partnership with the JCC of Manhattan and within individual synagogue congregations. Pre-registration is required.
Bereavement Support Meetings Available
The Jewish Board has support meetings available for loss of:
- a parent
- a spouse or partner
- a parent
- a child (for parents and guardians)
- a young adult child (for parents and guardians)
To register for a group, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 212.632.4608.
Holiday Programs in the Presence of Loss
The holidays can be a difficult time when experiencing the loss of a loved one. We offer programs annually, including Coping with the Empty Chair and Lights in the Darkness, to provide assistance and comfort during those times. All programs are facilitated by a Social Worker, and are open to the public at no cost. These programs, part of our Lynn and Jules Kroll Jewish Community Services, can also be organized in your community (contact us for more information).
For more information or to register for our support groups or holiday programs, call 212.632.4608.
Bereavement Support for Individuals and Families
We provide assistance to New Yorkers facing advanced serious illness or loss or needing counseling around end of life issues for themself or a loved one. Our social workers:
- Assist individuals and families in accessing medical or community services.
- Offer guidance, direction, education, and support.
- Provide spiritual and religious resources and guidance.
- Offer specialized group and individual bereavement support.
- Partner with professional health care providers to ensure comprehensive care.
- Provide professional and community education programs throughout New York City.
To discuss how our bereavement support groups may be of help to you or someone you know, please contact our caring and experienced staff at: 212.632.4608 or email@example.com.